Sikil Pak (Pumpkin Seed Salsa)
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 bunch green onions, green tops cut off and reserved
- 1 habanero pepper
- 2 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 cup roasted unsalted pumpkin seeds, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons Om Immune Mushroom Powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Tortilla chips
- In a large, dry cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium heat, arrange tomato, green onion bottoms, habanero, and garlic. Cook, turning occasionally, until blackened all over, about 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop tomato and green onions, remove stem and seeds from habanero, peel garlic, and transfer all to a food processor.
- To food processor add pumpkin seeds, cilantro, sesame seeds, mushroom powder, lime and orange juice, and salt. Roughly chop green onion tops and add to food processor.
- Pulse until everything is combined and dip is creamy but still a little chunky.
- Scrape salsa into a bowl, top with pumpkin seeds, and serve with tortilla chips.