Active Time: 25 minutes
Servings: Servings: 4-8
Difficulty Level: 2/5
Recipe Type(s): vegetarian, gluten-free
- 4-8 large eggs
- ½ cup tamari
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 teaspoons Om Reishi Organic Mushroom Powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 star anise
- In a small saucepan, simmer tamari, mirin, Om Reishi, garlic and star anise for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat then let cool. Transfer to a sealable container or plastic bag.
- In a medium saucepan, bring enough water to cover eggs to a boil
- Add eggs to boiling water, reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove eggs from heat, strain and rinse with cool water until cool enough to touch.
- Gently peel cooled eggs and place in cooled marinade, making sure they are completely covered.
- Marinate eggs overnight or up to 2 days in the refrigerator
- Cut eggs in half and enjoy them by themselves or in your favorite soup.
- We enjoy them atop Om Mighty Broth with ramen noodles, mushrooms, green onions and toasted sesame seeds.