We all know you can add our mushrooms powders to smoothies, teas and coffee but baking with them takes it to a whole new level! Our friends at VitaCost created these delicious mini-chocolate REISHI donuts. This is a recipe you don't want to miss!
Mini Chocolate Reishi Donuts with Vanilla-Beet Frosting
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- 1 cup Navitas Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Navitas Cacao Powder
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Coconut Oil or Fourth & Heart Ghee, melted
- 1 tsp. Vitacost Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. OM Organic Reishi Mushroom Powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp. Redmond Real Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp. Simple Mills Organic Vanilla frosting
- 1/2 tsp. MRM Raw Organic Red Beet Powder
- Let’s Do Organic Confetti Sprinkelz, optional
In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk wet ingredients. Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
Transfer dough to a large resealable bag. Snip off one corner.
In greased mini electric doughnut maker or mini doughnut pan, pipe dough until each well is about 2/3 full. Cook according to doughnut maker or pan directions. Note: Electrical doughnut maker should take around 2 minutes. Flip if needed and cook 1 more minute. Mini doughnut pan should take 10-12 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Set donuts on a wire rack to cool while you prepare the frosting.
In a bowl, mix frosting and beetroot powder until light pink. Frost each donut and top with sprinkles and/or other desired toppings.
Want an easy way to gather all these ingredients? Just click here!